my songs

http://youtu.be/WM7-PYtXtJM

Monday, April 16, 2012

Then till now


Ten fingers,ten toes, a perfect baby,
But soon you didn't grow

Food , you gave it back to me
Followed by seizers that at first
I didn't see
I fought to get you well,
All said you were "normal"
But somehow my heart could tell
Tests and studies , finally came that dreaded day,
"Sorry we can't fix your son"
But I loved him anyway
Soon came the tittle,
Your child has special needs
Still little I knew
Or what that would come to mean
Dr appointments, blood work and hospital stays,
Still came no answers
We carried on with no dismay
Never came that day we'd hear him talk or see him walk,
And his cries disappeared
In went a feeding tube ,
His ability to swallow went away
I was his mom, here to stay
Now we've learned to suction
His cough is weak on his own
The greatest tool ever shown
One night you turned blue
Lack of oxygen I didn't know what to do
But my body took over , some how I knew just what to do
And you came through.
you have an angel watching from above,
Who looks after you when times get tough
We celebrate every birthday as a milestone,
And just how far you've come
Another year older
Never forgetting where we begun.
This is the story of my sons special needs,
But inside there's a little boy
I still see.
I often wonder how we made it so far
The love from our family, and Prayers from afar
I love my boy, there was never any doubt
I have no shame or wonder how he came about
We still have no answers to this day
What ever the need, it still has no name
We live life day by day
Never knowing what lies at bay
When you look at my life , don't be saddened,
I would do it all over again
Even knowing what had been
I hope now all can see,
Special is the boy, living
Inside the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment